How Successful Are Mail Order Marriages? Success and Divorce Rate
Do mail order marriages work? How many of them are successful? What about mail order bride divorce statistics? All the real data and figures, as well as the truth about marrying a foreign girl, is right here.
General mail order marriage statistics
The trend of looking for a Western husband and marrying a mail order bride is not a new one. It dates back to the days when American men used to find wives through newspaper ads. The time has changed, and now people use dating and mail order bride services. They've become so popular that there are up to 49 million online daters only in America today.
Let's have a look at some mail order bride statistics in different countries.
- America. About 17% of American online daters have met a romantic partner on the Internet. 30% of them know someone who has. The biggest percentage of people who found a partner online are 18-54 years old ones. However, singles older than 55 years old make about 12% which proves you can start relationships online at any age.
- Canada. About 500 thousand of Canadians are forecasted to use online dating for a partner search. According to other statistics, a quarter of all the Canadian population ages 18-35 have tried online dating. About 25% of current committed relationships started online in the country. Also, it's expected that user penetration will hit 7.4% by 2025 in Canada.
- The United Kingdom. Almost 25% of single Internet users in the United Kingdom are interested in searching a life partner online. Men make the biggest part of this share. The preponderance of them hunt for a mail order bride from abroad from countries like India, Thailand, Belarus, Brazil, etc.
- Australia. Australian men are also interested in getting mail order brides. There's statistics that about 4.5 million Australians use this dating method each year. Revenue in the online dating segment is usually tens of millions of dollars. For example, it's $45 millions in 2021.
Mail order bride success rate
Do international marriages last? How successful are they? Here are some facts and figures on mail order marriage statistics.
- International couples are indeed quite successful. For example, about 17% of all American newlyweds have a spouse of a different race or ethnicity they met through an online dating site or a mail order bride service.
- Intermarriages are very common in South Korea. There are thousands of cases of international marriages between a South Korean citizen and a foreigner.American men are the most popular among Korean mail order brides. They make up about 25% of all foreign bridegrooms. Their marriages are characterized by a low divorce rate and usually last for decades.
- Chinese mail order brides are very popular among foreign husbands. Only in Shanghai about 1,000 interracial marriages are registered. Chinese-American couples are known as the ones that last long. For example, the marriage of Mark Zuckerberg (the co-founder of Facebook) and his wife Priscilla Chan (whose parents are Chinese) is almost 10 years now.
- About 50,000 marriages in 2020 were international in Russia. By the way, the mean length of a relationship between partners in Russia is pretty long. Russian women are considered one of the best partners for Americans, Canadians, Australians, and Europeans.
- About three-in-ten Hispanic newlyweds in the US (almost 30%) have a spouse of a different race or ethnicity. The most popular Latin American brides Western men choose for wives are Colombians, Mexican, Cuban, Brazilians, Dominicans, and Venezuelans. Their marriages last for about 15-20 years on average.
Why are mail order bride marriages so successful?
Why do international couples manage to have successful and life-long relationships? It's because mail order brides see many advantages in such unions and stick to them. They do everything possible to make the relationships longstanding and comfortable, and the reasons for all mail order brides are:
- Living conditions are better for a girl, her children, and family (education and social stability).
- Children of a mixed race are healthier and cuter.
- Foreign cultures and mindsets are more comfortable and suitable.
- Foreign men are more reliable and romantic.
- Western partners are financially stable.
- Outlanders treat women equally.
That's what makes mail order bride agencies so popular and the success rate of matrimonial sites so high today.
How many mail-order marriages end in divorce?
Divorce rates vary substantially from country to country. For example, India, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico are among the world's least divorced nations and have the biggest number of mail order brides. It proves that international marriages with these women are usually successful and last long. Here are the causes for such a low mail order bride divorce rate and the thriving of a mail order bride industry.
- Family values. It's determined by one simple fact — the wealthier the country — the greater the proportion of people getting divorced. That's because they don't have to stick to each other to survive. Brides from lands of Latin America, Asia, and Eastern Europe, on the contrary, are brought up with the thought they have to do everything possible to save a family not to suffer from financial instability.
- Career orientation. Countries with a greater percentage of women in the labor force have higher rates of divorce. Ladies simply choose careers over families and more often accept divorce rather than compromising or sacrificing. Whereas mail order brides from India, Mexico, Russia, etc. will always choose family, and in such a way, they decrease mail order bride divorce rate.
Divorce rate for foreign brides from Luxembourg, Spain, United States, and other highly developed countries is 40-80%. Women from wealthier nations willingly agree on divorces as their family values are different, and, obviously, not so strong.
In a word, the divorce rate for foreign brides and the statistics are generally positive for Western guys who want to get a girlfriend from abroad. On average, it's about 5-15% depending on a woman's nationality, timing, and other circumstances.
More of mail order marriage statistics
Here's some more international marriage statistics that might be useful to know.
- People are becoming more accepting of international marriages. About 40% of Americans claim marrying a person of a different nation is good for the society.
- It's estimated that every 15th marriage in Ukraine is international.
- For the last decade, the percentage of marriages with foreigners doubled in Ukraine and Russia.
- Statistically, Hmore and more Hispanic women marry a non-Hispanic man.
- About 10,000 international marriages happen every year between a Latin woman and a Caucasian man.
- Asian American ladies choose to wed an American guy rather than a non-American one.
- 20% of all U.S. newlyweds have a spouse of a different race or ethnicity.
- Latin girls are, in general, much more family-oriented comparing to American women.
Why is international marriage statistics growing?
International divorce statistics remain comparatively low, while mail order bride success rate is increasing. What are the reasons for that?
- It's safe.Mail order bride legality leaves no doubt whatsoever. Both you and your potential mail order bride have to submit documents proving your identities, pass background and marital checks, apply for a visa, and go through other procedures that help to make certain both partners won't become the victims of scammers.
- It's affordable. It's approximately counted that a man needs to spend about $3,000–$10,000 to get a foreign wife. If to assume that the period during which you look for, find, and date a girl lasts for about six months, you need about $500-1,700 a month. This is the price you pay for your happiness, which seems quite affordable for an average Western man today.
- It's win-win. One of the best countries for mail order brides are the ones of Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. In a word, these are developing regions with poor financial situations and lots of other problems. That's why girls are looking for men from richer countries. They run from poverty and domestic violence. While Western men get young, beautiful, and loyal wives interested in creating families with them.
- It's convenient. Do you know why foreign wife divorce rate is so low today? Because modern online dating platforms provide daters with a great opportunity to use search filters and look for the most compatible partners. Therefore, you can indicate what kind of spouse you want. For example, you mention their marital and parental status, habits, physical appearance, education, religion, and whatnot. As a result, you find a perfect match and create a happy and long-lasting relationship.
- It's huge. The choice of mail order brides is just incredible. About 100,000 to 150,000 girls advertise themselves as mail-order brides annually on dating websites. The majority of them are from Asia and Eastern Europe, but you can find a lady from almost every country from every continent. Approximately 11,000–16,000 marriages occur between foreign brides and American men every year. It seems impossible not to find a woman of your dreams for a happy union.
Do international marriages work? Yes, they do. The success rate of such relationships is quite high, and the divorce rate for international marriages is comparatively low. It means when Western men decide to look for a wife somewhere in Latin America, Asia, or Eastern Europe, and they rarely make a mistake. Such marriages last long, often for the whole life. Both partners can fulfill each other's needs and expect loyalty, support, and care. There are many love stories that mail order brides share every day. Do you think you can have one of your own too?